Newcastle-under-Lyme Business Improvement District (BID) has grown from strength to strength since its inception, and now seeks an experienced Project Manager to drive activity geared towards realising the BID’s ambitions over the next 3 years.
Since the BID’s creation in October 2015, the town has witnessed significant transformation, with notable achievements including projects to increase footfall and business occupancy rates, a comprehensive programme of events, and developments around the area that are set to deliver increased prosperity through the creation of additional accommodation for students – the future audience for BID businesses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to become part of the dedicated team that will drive BID activity over the next 3 years; engaging with the town’s stakeholders, enhancing the town’s attributes, and promoting the district and its business community to residents and the wider population, to achieve even greater success.
Newcastle-under-Lyme Business Improvement District (BID) Project Manager
Responsible to: Newcastle-under-Lyme BID Board of Directors
Reporting to: Chair of the BID Board
Position: Fixed term until Sept 2020 (Probationary period of three months)
Salary: £competitive - dependent upon experience. Get in contact for more details.
Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme BID area
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Some evening and weekend working is required.
The successful applicant will be accountable for the delivery of projects for a Business Improvement District business plan. This will be done by developing strong relationships with businesses, and partners (both public and private sector, creating project plans, coordinating activity and ensuring effective delivery to achieve the objectives).
The right candidate will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to develop productive relationships. They will also need to demonstrate a structured approach to their work, operate as part of a small team, and be self-motivated to work on their own initiative. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, action rapid impact analysis, and make recommendations is also required, as is experience in managing multiple projects concurrently, and having confidence in managing changing requirements.
Experience in town centres, BID management, or economic regeneration is desirable, though not essential for high quality applicants.
• Working closely with, and developing strong working relationships with partner organisations, agencies and stakeholders across the town on whom the BID relies for delivery of its business plan.
• Effective communication with businesses, agencies, and statutory and local authorities to gain support and commitment to the delivery of the BID Business Plan.
• Identification of projects for delivery against the BID Business Plan objectives, preparation of project plans and having a good understanding of critical paths.
• Delivery of projects and, as Project Manager, working with suppliers and businesses to support and enable this project delivery.
• Development of stakeholder working groups to engage them in the project delivery of the BID, providing a lead as chair of these meetings, structuring agendas, recording notes, and coordinating resulting actions and activity.
• Coordination of the production and distribution of publications and promotion such as leaflets, newsletters, press releases, and digital media.
• Monitoring project delivery and budgets, and reporting on progress against project plans.
• Representing the BID at appropriate events, meetings and forums.
• Managing and motivating a small team, including the Newcastle BID Ambassadors who will provide a key BID presence on the streets.
Essential experience required for the role:
• Responsibility for end to end project delivery.
• A structured and planned approach with attention to detail.
• Effective staff management.
• Outstanding stakeholder relationship skills (internal and external).
• Excellent standard of spoken & written English.
• Ability to prioritise and plan your own workload and be happy to work flexibly when required.
• Excellent IT skills.
Education to degree level or equivalent is desirable.
Click the links below to download the full Job Description and Person Specification:
Does this sound like you?
Any person wishing to apply should email their CV and a covering letter stating why they are interested in and suited to this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put Newcastle-under-Lyme BID Manager and your name in the email subject.
• Closing date for applications: Friday 7th April
• Interviews will be held on 20th / 21st April
If you would like an informal conversation about the opportunity ahead of applying, please call Matt Taylor on 07866 442584.