Newcastle is proud to be home to Keele University and the rapidly expanding Science & Business Park.
Keele was the first new UK university of the 20th century, established with degree giving powers in 1949 and awarded University status, as the University of Keele, in 1962. It is the UK's largest integrated campus university and occupies a 617 acre estate, with Grade II registration by English Heritage, the central feature of which is the 19th century Keele Hall. Keele is also a major contributor to its local economy. With a turnover in excess of £80m, and a total staff of some 1,700, the University generates around £130m of business in the region.
- Keele was the first new post-war UK university of the 20th Century and is the UK’s largest integrated campus university
- Keele has moved up three places to 29th in the prestigious Sunday Times University League Table 2013 for UK universities
- 85% of its research is rated as world-leading and of international importance
- The University is consistently top-rated in the UK graduate employment and student satisfaction league tables
- In the last 10 years alone the University has invested £115 million in its campus and infrastructure
Keele Science and Business Park currently has over 150,000 sq.ft. of office and laboratory space and is home to over 50 established businesses in the biotech, medical, IT and service sectors. The growth of the park continues with the provision of a fully serviced development comprising 13 development plots, totalling 36.4 acres, set within a landscaped site of some 70 acres. The site is intended to form a sustainable, integrated, high quality development within Keele University and will be focused on a mixed use development, linking University activities with commercial and research opportunities.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is a highly successful college in North Staffordshire, with pass rates and student success levels amongst the best in the country. The College has grown significantly over the past 10 years and is currently home to a population of around 3,600 full-time students and over 400 students on higher education programmes. The College offers a range of full-time courses for young people and part-time courses for adults including professional training, work place training and leisure courses.
In January 2010 we opened the doors to our new £60m campus which we believe offers members of staff, students and the public amongst the best college facilities available anywhere in the country.